|No of Positions
Shohay is a healthtech startup working to provide reliable health and wellness information in Bangla. In a little over a year, we have become the largest creator of medical content in Bangla with over 337 million video views and 5.5 million subscribers.
We are constantly innovating and forming new partnerships to reach accurate medical information to new demographics. We have collaborated with government agencies, NGOs, telco, media and top academics from leading universities.
We are aiming to make 2022 an even bigger year for Shohay and looking for capable and committed team members to achieve this goal together. We are looking for medical professionals passionate about explaining complex health topics through engaging storytelling and helping people understand their health and healthcare options.
We are looking for writers in the field of: mental health, nutrition, and disease prevention.
We expect our writers to use their research expertise to write short and long-form articles that are insightful, empowering, and grounded in scientific evidence.
What we’re looking for
- Doctors, scientists, and relevant subject matter experts with strong interest in improving public understanding of medical science
- Ability to interpret research studies and simplify complex health and research concepts
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and on deadline
- Exceptional written skills both in Bangla and English
- A passion for making an impact in people’s lives with useful information
- Strong interest or previous editorial experience in healthcare publishing/media
- Proven track record of publishing high-quality health content online
- Experience covering primary research articles on science/health/medicine
- General understanding of SEO
Most articles are about 800 to 1250 words, with pay ranges between 950 to 1,500 BDT/per article. We will initially work on a trial basis for a month and then discuss regular contributions.
How to apply
- Please send your resume and a short cover letter outlining your interest and experience of writing about health at [email protected]
- Mention an estimate of how many articles you can produce each month and your turnaround time per article. We expect a minimum of 4 articles per month.
- Please attach a minimum 600 word Bangla writing sample that you think best relate to Shohay’s scope of work and represents your writing ability and the area of expertise.
Open until the positions are filled. We strongly recommend you to apply early.
Shohay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification.